Sonae Indústria is one of the largest wood based panels producers in the world. The product range includes:
- MDF (Medium Density Fibreboard);
- OSB (Oriented Strand Board);
- production and sales of value added products and services - components, solutions and systems - for the furniture, building, decoration and DIY industries.
- production of high pressure decorative laminates;
- production of chemical products (formaldehyde and formaldehyde based resins).
On 31 December 2012, Sonae Indústria's workforce numbered around 4,400, on 25 production sites in 6 countries and sales locations in: Portugal, Spain, France, Germany, United Kingdom, Canada, Netherlands, Switzerland and South Africa.
In 2012, Sonae Indústria's consolidated turnover totalled 1,321 million euros:
Turnover by plant location:
In terms of sales by product type, the distribution in 2012 was as follows:
The company is formally managed by its Board of Directors.
In addition to the formal management organs of Sonae Indústria and its sub-holdings, there are several others whose mission is to ensure an effective distribution of competencies and capacities, as well as businesses co-ordination:
- Horizontal Projects (managers from the different businesses dealing with a common theme, coordinated by a member of the Board of Directors)